Tuesday 14 March 2017

Task 4C: Developing My Questions

After a Skype call with Paula last week, I figured that I really needed to narrow down my choices for my line of inquiry as my initial interests were way too broad-based. I put my questions to contacts within my own professional community and have narrowed down my question choices to the following:
  • Do you feel that drama and arts subjects are undervalued in education?
  • Does having practical experience in performing help to make you a better teacher and give you a better understanding?
  • Why is theatre important in our society and is it important for children to study arts subjects at school?
  • What are the pros and cons of vocational training?

I have tried hard to combine teaching with performing as that is what I am most interested in and is most relevant to me in my professional practise at the moment. I researched and read various articles to help me narrow own my options and I will blog these separately.

I would love to hear if you have any thoughts on any of the above!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Shannon - the relationship of the questions is interesting - theatre arts and drama as a focus - if you were looking at the importance - you might have to think abut your 'slice' - so how these larger topics relate to your current work? - teaching clearer - we have had a few look at how performing experience relates to teaching but what type of teaching are you focusing on - if performance in society - UK? England - pantomime? https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/features/pantomime/

    ReplyDelete