Wednesday 15 March 2017

Task 5B: Codes of Practise

In the previous task, I started to think about ethics within the workplace for myself as both a teacher and a performer.

Firstly, as a teacher of drama at a Saturday school, our company has a code of conduct and a set of guidelines that all teachers must follow and respect. When you read these rules and guidelines they seem like common sense to me and very straightforward to understand and adhere to, however other teachers or schools may have different rules so it is good to know that all of the teachers at our school are thinking and working along the same lines. This ensures that the children know how to behave in every lesson and know what to expect from us as teaching staff.

Secondly, as a performer there are rules that I must follow with my agent and also when working in a theatre/performance area. When working with my agent, these rules ensure that we are both in agreement and open with each other about auditions and work etc. When working in a theatre I must followed the rules outlined by the theatre and backstage staff in order to ensure that everyone in the cast is adhering to health and safety regulations.

Finally, I also have some personal ethical considerations for myself on a personal level. These include representing myself whether that be as a teacher or as a performer in a what that I want people to view myself as. I will always try my best in any situation and be enthusiastic and positive.

In my opinion, it is very important to respect and adhere to the rules, regulations and codes of practice in your professional environment, whether that be on a personal or working level. I believe that by following the rules is the best way to ensure success in your job.


1 comment:

  1. So you have examples that you can share if you do not name the establishments? or can you re-state what the rules are?

    ReplyDelete