Wednesday 15 March 2017

Task 5A: Ethics Within The Workplace

Within my practise both as a teacher and a performer, there have always been ethics.

As a teacher I have to take into consideration the following:


  • School policies and code of conduct
  • Safeguarding
  • Full DBS Check
  • Appropriate behaviour towards the children
  • Data Protection Act
  • Equality and treating every child as an individual
  • Health and Safety/Risk Assessment
  • Being a role model to the children

As a performer I have to take into consideration the following:

  • Communication with agent regarding auditions, castings and holidays etc
  • Being prepared for auditions/jobs
  • Respect for other performers at auditions
  • Respect for creative team
  • Social media - how do others view me?
  • You are your product!

Reader 5 has really forced me to think more in depth about my ethical consideration and about just how important these are to me as both a performer and a teacher. It just shows that in both aspects there is a lot more than meets the eye and that teaching and performing are three dimensional jobs with a lot to consider! To improve my ethical consideration as a performer I will consult Equity's rules and to improve as a teacher I will re-consider the guidelines and codes of conduct of the company I teach for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment