Monday 3 October 2016

Task 1A: Professional Profile

CV stands for Curriculum Vitae, the Latin translation meaning 'course of life'. It is a summary of your experience, skills and education.

As a performer, having a good CV is crucial. Many casting directors will look at your CV and headshot and then decide whether or not to invite you along to audition. It is so important that my CV works as hard as it can to market my expertise as it is my one chance to try and secure an audition. The hardest part about creating my CV in my final year of training was knowing which experience was relevant to me as a performer now. I soon realised that no one wants to know about an amateur dramatics performance I took part in over 10 years ago and that less was more.

Throughout my training I was always told how important it was to keep my CV up to date as you never know when you're going to need it. I only just realised the other day that my Spotlight PIN and Equity Membership numbers weren't on my CV and these are pretty important when working in the industry. I know my CV is still quite long but it contains the exact same information that I have on my Spotlight page which my agent uses to submit me for auditions.

So, with all the above in mind, here is the link to my CV. Any thoughts or constructive criticism appreciated!

(Please note: I have removed the majority of my personal data from this CV for security as it is appearing on my public blog.)

Shanna x 

No comments:

Post a Comment