Tuesday 21 February 2017

Task 4A: My Questions

After studying Reader 4, it is safe to say that I am very excited to see what Module 2 will have in store for me. It is clear that I have a wide range of interests and I think this shows how far I have come in my profession since starting the BAPP course. I am keen to see what thoughts will develop from my research to lead me to the area of my inquiry.

Module 1 allowed me to think about areas that probably wouldn't have crossed my mind if I hadn't reflected on my professional practice. Blogging forced me to really see where my interests are at the moment and also what path I might like to follow in the future and also how my studies on the BAPP Arts course may affect this. Towards the end of Module 1 I started to produce some ideas about what I thought about studying for my area of inquiry, however after studying Reader 4 and trying to put my ideas down on paper, this is proving more difficult than I thought.

My initial areas of interest are:

The Industry
- Politics within the industry and how this may affect an individual
- Vocational training: Pros & Cons
- It's not what you know, it's who you know: how your network may have an effect on your success within the industry
- Is theatre important in our society?
- What makes an actor successful?

The Education System & Performing Arts
- Why are drama and arts subjects under valued in schools?
- Does the age you start studying drama have an effect on your success/talent?

Mental Health & Performing Arts
- How does studying drama and arts subjects affect individuals with mental health issues?
- What is drama therapy? How does it help those affected by mental health issues? Is there a link between performing arts and positive mental health?
- The importance of relaxed performances
- How the industry could affect your mental health and your way of thinking

These are just a few ideas to get me started and that I would like to explore before choosing my final area of inquiry. If you have any thoughts or comments on my questions then please comment below or get in touch - I would love to hear from you!



3 comments:

  1. Hello Shanna, i totally agree with your ideas in regards to drama and arts subjects totally undervalued in schools i believe there is huge value in educating children in the arts from a young age. i have set up a SIG group relating to performing arts in education which would be great if you could be part of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eleanor - I would absolutely love to join your SIG! Can you please add me to it? x

      Delete
  2. time for literature Shannon to see what others have said about yur areas of interest - again we do an exploratory approaches so what are the areas that you need to know more about in general- quite a range so time for a tutorial to think about the topics - but some quite useful as long as the scope is not huger - e.g. The importance of relaxed performances e.g. Is theatre important in our society? what is the context for these in terms of your own performance work? Get in touch for a tutorial - and blog the literature you have found so far...

    ReplyDelete